Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 84

Worked most of yesterday, into the night.  New ideas getting harder and harder to come by.  Earlier, when I said I'd solved all big problems: that was incorrect.  Turns out a small crack can hide a big chasm.  But that chasm is being filled.  Thought by thought, agonizing intuition after agonizing wiping out of prior agonizing intuition.

A break is needed.

New books arrived, including The Flamingo's Smile, a collection of essays by Stephen Jay Gould.  Don't know why, but I've never read any of his material before (maybe an odd piece in the New Yorker).  So far I'm thrilled with the book.  I'm more interested in natural history/popular science these days, and Gould is about the best writer in that genre I've found.  Also, the fact that it's a book of essays makes it easy to dip in and out of.  (I also started The Myth of Sisyphus, but that's clearly going to require more concentration.)

Tutoring all afternoon.  Then, leftover pozole.  Got a great new recipe.  Stewed pork!  It's what's for dinner....

No comments: