Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thirty Days of Blogging: Day 16

Very brief post.  Courtesy of my brother, I learn that the famed Carl, of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, does a weekly football pick for ESPN.  Here's a link to the first two predictions.  The first one (Vikings) is my favorite so far.

I'm reading Isaac Babel right now every night before bed.  As a consequence my dreams are uneasy phantasmagoric montages involving pillaging Russian soldiers, pogroms, and Stalinist collectivization trials.  Well, not really.  But I feel like they should be.

Finally, I want everyone to watch this hilarious video I found at The Browser.  It'll have the most impact on people familiar with all the stories and legends surrounding the recording of Bowie's (seminal masterpiece) Low, but I feel confident predicting that everyone will enjoy it.

The reason the Visconti figure keeps talking about how he's the co-producer, btw, is because his contributions to the album, have, in fact, been mostly under appreciated over the last 30 years or so.

Man this makes me happy.


No comments: