Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thirty Days of Blogging: Day 3

Thursday is my day off from caffeine, when I run errands, read, and don't try to do anything creative. Or even mentally taxing.  So, as is always the case, I'm a bit sleep and dispirited.  Mildly, only.

I'm getting back into tennis these last few months.  I found a guy to take lessons from and even bought a ball machine, which I haul out to the local courts once every few days.  As a result, I generally sleep better and feel happier.  Running and lifting weights alone can't compare to the workout you get running around a court for an hour in the heat hitting balls.

I've just finished rereading the first collection of William Trevor's Short Stories (The Collected Stories).  Now I'm starting on his more recent collection.  I'm also reading the mystery novels of Reginald Hill, a British writer who created the detective duo of Dalziel and Pascoe.  Good, page-turning fare.

The wife and I are three episodes away from finishing Breaking Bad.  I'll doubtless have some posts about that to come.

No comments: