Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 26

New recipe for sauteed mustard greens quickly proving a favorite.  Ate mustard greens, brown rice, and a bit of marinated grilled pork tenderloin last night (marinade is sirracha, worstershire, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, salt, pepper).  Healthy-ish and pretty tasty.  No wine, despite the urge.  Which is strong.

Per my recent exchange with JMW about Kurosawa (see below) I investigated his discography.  Turns out he directed in the neighborhood of thirty films.  Of those, I've seen about half.  So I was wrong.  I haven't seen near to all of his films.  Nor am I likely to any time soon.

Today will be a day of work.  Yesterday was a day of plumber.  The plumber has come and fixed our sink.  He has fixed my shower.  He was explained to us the nature of the valve above our water heater and how it can be activated to release pressure in the system.  Or something.  I don't know, really.  I think my wife and I together understand maybe 25% of what you need to know to own a house.  Less, maybe.  Now the wife wants to get a water softening system.  Our dishes don't get clean when washed.  She thinks this is due to our water being too hard.  Our water is mean. It's tough, bitter, prison-yard water.  It must be reformed.  I needs schooling and Bible study.  Love too, maybe.  Presumably that now will happen.  Well actually no it won't--not exactly.  Water softening systems cost many thousands of dollars; installing one involves banging around in the pipes and maybe ripping open our walls.  This we are not up for.  Instead we will get a filtration system installed on the main line.  This will filter all the water coming into our house.  The virtuous water will be allowed in.  The drug dealing water will not.  That, at least, is the plan.

No comments: