Friday, December 11, 2009

As Promised






Christmas in ANCIANT-land. Note the glorious wood panelling in the room around the tree. I described our living room area to my wife as "An Arkansas Hunting Lodge Christmas." She didn't like that. Still I can't help feeling, when I look at our tree, that Kenny Rogers should be coming out from the next room any minute to do a Christmas duet with Dolly Parton. That's not a bad thing, by the way. It's just unexpected.

Bink's hat doesn't show as well as it could in these photos. We've got some antlers rustling around somewhere; hopefully those will be a bit more majestic.



4 comments:

JMW said...

I was going to comment on how nice the wood paneling looks. Very comfy. Your home looks very inviting. I should show up unexpected and spend a month on your couch. That's good for a marriage.

If I had a house in which Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton occasionally appeared to sing duets, well, I would have the best house in the world.

Bink is rocking the hat.

Barbara Carlson said...

Dear Bink looks somewhat resigned to this hat, unlike the other one. But I will take another closer look.

My husband & I once stayed in a cheap, freeway motel with a dark, panelled "lounge"/bar in North Carolina that boasted complimentary live entertainment. That night it was a Kenny Rogers look-alike. My husband was disappointed, "For $45, I want the REAL Kenny Rogers."

Merry Christmas!
Nice perky tree -- the Binky hat on top a nice touch.

Barbara Carlson said...

Do I see three stockings? I should think SO!

Le Chat said...

Cute!

I think it was the use of Arkansas as an adjective that did you in. The wood paneling looks cozy - like maybe a Smoky Mountains retreat? ;)